Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Uncle Sid


I was freaked out! I returned from work only for Uncle Sid. Man he is awesome! The moment I have him, it feels amazing! I reach the moon when he is inside me. Life wouldn’t have been the same without him. Some bastards tell me that I should not be doing it. But who cares! I am not going behind him! The god damn Uncle is sticking on to me.
He came close. My mind ordered to shoo him away. Heart wanted him badly. F*** the mind! Let me have a romp with Sid. The euphoric state was reached as soon as I felt Uncle Sid. As the hungry wolves howled, household items made strange noises; Panic never struck me. The noise of an animal or water dripping from the tap ain’t getting you scared if you are messing around with Uncle Sid.

There was a knock at the door. In one second, I was there standing at the entrance. Or was I? I felt I was there. In another second, I found myself looking at the door.
I rose, and walked. Walking was screwed up. It was as if I was floating in space. Gravity ain’t 9.8 m/s2 if you have Uncle Sid. “Who the hell is it at this time?” I spoke in fatigue.
“Can I come in?”, a woman replied in a strange voice. A voice which seemed too deep for a woman, but too soft for a man. It wasn’t a scary voice, but it wasn’t one of an angel. I could sense an ugly scar face behind the cobweb crammed door.
“Who the hell are you? What do you want? “
“Is Uncle Sid there ? “The voice had desperation. Maybe she wanted him badly. But I ain’t sharing Sid so easily. Its tough bringing him amidst snooping cops. The law can screw me big time if I get caught.
“Get the hell outta here! I don’t have him! “
“Could I come in? It’s freezing outside”, I was skeptical. But this voice had pain; It had anxiety.
I opened the door! A woman was standing sticking her face to it.
For a second, I was taken aback. The wrinkles on her face indicated old age. The paleness of her skin was astounding. Her bottle green eyes were eerie. I turned around! I didn’t want to look at her.
“You can have him, but safe”, she walked slowly; like people would walk in funerals. It was a cemetery walk.
Snap! The power went off! Pitch darkness engulfed me.
Hey! Watch your step! Don’t step on him! He might lose potency! Haha!! I laughed in fear.

People do it. Some whistle in the dark! Some sing! I laughed in the dark. But there was no reply from the woman. There was silence. The silence which drove a chill through my tired spine.
“Hey! Say something! Don’t freak me out! “
“You bastard!” the voice turned harsh. The voice had hate and vengeance.
“Mind your tongue, woman. I will cut you to pieces” I yelled. But the fear was unprecedented. In one motion, a pale figure stood close to my face, staring at me. Her green eyes glowed in the dark; almost fluorescent in color. The stare turned into a smile. A smile so wicked that could make you cry. A smile that could freak the shit out of you. She held my hand with the strength of a wrestler, and in a flash; bit my f***ing tongue which had enjoyed Uncle Sid.

I shrieked! Only to find myself on the bed, cozy underneath the quilt.
F***! Everything seemed so real. A surreal dream that I couldn’t forget. I woke up, dazed and confused. I laughed at the dream and went to pee. I looked at myself in the mirror! Everything seemed fine. I didn’t look like I was attacked by a witch! Hold on! I didn’t look at my tongue.
I opened my mouth and scanned it!
Holy crap! There was a scar on it. Uncle Sid didn’t make me mad. I stood there, still like the door behind me. Will I take him tonight? I shivered with fright and looked at him.
Note:
Uncle Sid is the secret name given to LSD, A drug well known for its psychological effects.

This story was submitted for a short story competition this month.
It was banned for the crude language. :)

4 comments:

vaidehi said...

nice.

Ninju said...

I dont see why they banned it. aana nice machi. interesting read.

illiterate said...

That's coz i edited and removed a lot of things. it was 900 words. got it down to 700 odd.
Thanks machan!! :)

Dhasarathy said...

hey nice story man... good thinking...